11.27.2009

Second Glance by Jodi Picoult


Second Glance by Jodi Picoult

I made the mistake of asking the friend from whom I borrowed the book what it was about, which skewed the first half of the book for me. I still enjoyed the whole book, even slipping away on Thanksgiving to read it.

Review:
Written in three parts, present-past-present, Picoult works her magic in weaving the stories of many characters into one tale. This story spans over a hundred years of one family’s hidden history while tackling the issues of eugenics and genetics. I’m a sucker for books, movies, anything where I get to make the connections and put together the details into a completed puzzle. Without spoiling the novel, I can tell you that this is the story of lonely people finding something worth living for. The book was long, and bordered on the fine line between overboard and tying up the loose ends. After finishing it, I did appreciate Picoult’s attention to detail and the fact that no questions were left unanswered. I would recommend this book to someone who wants to curl up with a blanket on a cold weekend and enjoy reading something a little magical, a little sad, and a lot about love.

No comments:

Post a Comment